My Little Life Update #1 …
Like many other students across the UK, I recently received my A Level results. I was so happy and overwhelmed with my grades, as I had managed to exceed my hopes and expectations. It proved to me that all of the stress, worry and hard work had paid off and that I could be proud of what I’d managed to achieve.
And that means that I can now move on to the next chapter of my life, by starting University. After securing an unconditional place at my first choice uni in January, I’ve been super excited to start. Although I’m still not 100% sure what I would like to do in the future, I have decided to study Business, which I’m hoping to combine with my passion for the Performing Arts industry. I’m looking forward to studying what I enjoy, getting involved with University life and, of course, makin
g new friends. My excitement to start is mixed completely with nerves, as its scary to think that I’m going somewhere completely different with all new people! I have, however decided to stay living at home, as I think that for me is the best path to take right now. So I’m going to take every opportunity I get and fully embrace my new adventure.
Right now, I’m enjoying my long summer break. I’m spending my summer days making memories with my family and friends and enjoying having no real worries or responsibilities!
I’m already looking forward to writing myLittle Life Update #2, to see whereabouts I will be by the time I write it!
Let me know in the comments what you havebeen up to so far this Summer, and any new adventures you may be taking in the next few months xoxo
– – ‘You must go on adventures to find out where you belong’
I was recently nominated by Sophie Samantha to do the 10 things I’m grateful for tag. I think this post idea is so cute, as it allows me to express my appreciation for the things that mean the most to me. It also gives bloggers a chance to get to know one another a little better and connect to them on a much more personal level. So here are 10 things I am grateful for.
- My Family: My family honestly mean so much to me and I wouldn’t be who I am today if it wasn’t for them. I can’t thank them enough for all that they do for me and how happy they make me.
- Dance: Dance is my passion and its one of the main things that defines who I am. When I dance, I forget about everything, let my heart take over my head and know that I can be exactly who I want to be.
- My Friends: I’m so grateful for my best friends, because it means a lot to know that I have people who are always going to be there to share memories with and make me smile.
- Blogging: I recently took a break from blogging because I was caught up with school work and therefore had a lack of motivation and ideas. But since I have returned, it has honestly made me so happy to post content and connect with my fellow bloggers 🙂
- Special Memories: I have so many amazing memories with my family and my friends that I know I will be able to cherish forever.
- Books: I’ve nearly always got my head in a book because I just love the idea of escaping to another world; becoming somebody else and living their story, even if just for a moment.
- My Inspirations: I’ve met so many amazing people that have had such a huge impact on my day to day life. They have helped me to believe in myself just that little bit more and I am honestly so grateful for each and every one of them.
- The Little Things: I think it’s so important to treasure the little things in life that put a smile on your face; like taking a bubble bath, inside jokes and lighted candles.
- Being Accepted: There’s no greater feeling than being accepted for who I really am, by people who appreciate what makes me me.
- Every Opportunity that I get: It’s so important to treasure each and every opportunity that’s given to you and to be accepting of new challenges and adventures that help you to become both stronger and happier.
My Nominations for this tag are:
– – ‘Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is’
So I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! This is the second blog award that I’ve received and it makes me so happy to know that people read and support my little blog. I was nominated by the lovely Dreaming of Living, so also be sure to go and check out her blog! I love the idea of these awards, because it means that I connect to, and discover, new bloggers and their own individual content.
So here are the rules of the tag:
- Write a post to show your award
- Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you
- Give a brief story about why you started blogging
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
Why I started blogging:
I started blogging for two main reasons. The first was because I’ve always loved writing. It’s a way for me to express my own ideas and try and make sense of what’s in my brain! I loved the idea of having my own little corner of the internet where I can just be myself. The second was because I’ve always wanted to inspire people. I’ve been inspired by so many amazing people out there and I’ve always wanted to do the same for others. So that’s why my posts are sometimes a little different. I don’t just post about the latest beauty and lifestyle trends; I also try to write about my views on this world in a way that will inspire others.
And I’m so happy that I did start blogging, because I really do love creating my own posts, connecting with other bloggers and being a part of the amazing blogospehere 🙂
My advice for new bloggers:
- Only ever post what you want to post. Because, of course we want to gain readers for our blog, but the best posts are ones that are written from the heart and with passion behind them. Your blog is for you; it’s your own little corner of the internet where you can write what you want when you want. So never feel like you have to write something, just because every other blogger is, or because somebody else tells you to.
- If you’re not a full-time blogger, don’t feel forced into setting a time and a date each week when you have to post. Of course this is more consistent and somewhat professional but, with other commitments, it can put so much more pressure on you and sometimes take the fun out of blogging. I started off doing this for that reason, but I found myself sometimes uploading posts that I wasn’t 100% happy with just so that I had content, which obviously demotivated me. So only ever post something you honestly believe in and don’t put extra pressure on yourself!
Thank you again for the nomination and for everyone’s support with Little Miss Daydreams 🙂
– – ‘To be inspired is great to inspire is incredible’
So I haven’t blogged in so long and I’ve honestly missed writing my little posts so much. The truth is that I’ve been super busy lately. Taking exams at school, deciding what I want to do in the future and pursuing my passions, has taken up all of my time lately. So returning to my blog and forgetting about my responsibilities feels awesome.
As I’ve said here before, I’m a complete perfectionist. I work hard in every single thing I do, because I want to succeed in everything I put my mind to. I believe that success doesn’t just come from natural talent. It takes hard work, dedication and commitment to being the best possible version of you that there is. And that’s what I’ve been doing lately. Whether its in school, preparing for exams, in the dance studio, where I’m 100% me, or sorting out the next chapter in my life. I’ve been through stress, worry and triumph over the past few months. Hence the absence from my blog!
But I’ve missed sharing my thoughts, feelings and ideas with you, however strange and distorted they may seem sometimes! But I’ve revamped my blog design, created new posts and am so happy to be able to write on here again.
Thank you for your support and if any of you know of any smaller bloggers, or are indeed one yourself, share them with me in the comments so I can 100% return to the bloggersphere 🙂
– – ‘The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person’s determination’