So I’ve been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! This is the second blog award that I’ve received and it makes me so happy to know that people read and support my little blog. I was nominated by the lovely Dreaming of Living, so also be sure to go and check out her blog! I love the idea of these awards, because it means that I connect to, and discover, new bloggers and their own individual content.
So here are the rules of the tag:
- Write a post to show your award
- Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you
- Give a brief story about why you started blogging
- Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award
Why I started blogging:
I started blogging for two main reasons. The first was because I’ve always loved writing. It’s a way for me to express my own ideas and try and make sense of what’s in my brain! I loved the idea of having my own little corner of the internet where I can just be myself. The second was because I’ve always wanted to inspire people. I’ve been inspired by so many amazing people out there and I’ve always wanted to do the same for others. So that’s why my posts are sometimes a little different. I don’t just post about the latest beauty and lifestyle trends; I also try to write about my views on this world in a way that will inspire others.
And I’m so happy that I did start blogging, because I really do love creating my own posts, connecting with other bloggers and being a part of the amazing blogospehere 🙂
My advice for new bloggers:
- Only ever post what you want to post. Because, of course we want to gain readers for our blog, but the best posts are ones that are written from the heart and with passion behind them. Your blog is for you; it’s your own little corner of the internet where you can write what you want when you want. So never feel like you have to write something, just because every other blogger is, or because somebody else tells you to.
- If you’re not a full-time blogger, don’t feel forced into setting a time and a date each week when you have to post. Of course this is more consistent and somewhat professional but, with other commitments, it can put so much more pressure on you and sometimes take the fun out of blogging. I started off doing this for that reason, but I found myself sometimes uploading posts that I wasn’t 100% happy with just so that I had content, which obviously demotivated me. So only ever post something you honestly believe in and don’t put extra pressure on yourself!
- Sophie Samantha
- A Day in the Life of the Anonymous Me
- Sarah Inks
- Adele Lydia
- My Pretty Little Life
- Sunshine and Teacups
- Thoughtful Tash
Thank you again for the nomination and for everyone’s support with Little Miss Daydreams 🙂
– – ‘To be inspired is great to inspire is incredible’