My Little Life Update #1 …
Like many other students across the UK, I recently received my A Level results. I was so happy and overwhelmed with my grades, as I had managed to exceed my hopes and expectations. It proved to me that all of the stress, worry and hard work had paid off and that I could be proud of what I’d managed to achieve.
And that means that I can now move on to the next chapter of my life, by starting University. After securing an unconditional place at my first choice uni in January, I’ve been super excited to start. Although I’m still not 100% sure what I would like to do in the future, I have decided to study Business, which I’m hoping to combine with my passion for the Performing Arts industry. I’m looking forward to studying what I enjoy, getting involved with University life and, of course, makin
g new friends. My excitement to start is mixed completely with nerves, as its scary to think that I’m going somewhere completely different with all new people! I have, however decided to stay living at home, as I think that for me is the best path to take right now. So I’m going to take every opportunity I get and fully embrace my new adventure.
Right now, I’m enjoying my long summer break. I’m spending my summer days making memories with my family and friends and enjoying having no real worries or responsibilities!
I’m already looking forward to writing myLittle Life Update #2, to see whereabouts I will be by the time I write it!
Let me know in the comments what you havebeen up to so far this Summer, and any new adventures you may be taking in the next few months xoxo
– – ‘You must go on adventures to find out where you belong’
So I thought I would share with you the products that I have been loving throughout Summer so far! I haven’t done a monthly favourites post in quite a while and figured this would be a good way to get back into these kind of posts.
- Collection Contour Kit: Throughout Summer, I find that it’s nice to wear a more bronzed make up look and, to do this, I’ve been loving Collection’s contour kit. The bronzer is very pigmented and the highlighter is super pretty. It’s definitely gives more colour and dimension to your make up look, with the two powders working really well together.
- Lush Candy Cream Bubble Bar: I recently visited Lush Oxford Street and it was amazing! With three floors of bath bombs, bubble bars and everything between, there were certainly so many different products to choose from! So I decided to try one of their bubble bars, as I never had before. After trying the Candy Cream one, I love the concept of it and it left my bath pretty in pink and smelling amazing.
- Barry M Quick Dry Nail Polish – Eat My Dust: Barry M are one of my favourite brands for nail polishes and when I tried this shade, it was no different. This has to be one of my favourites of theirs, as the pastel shade complements my skin tone really well. It also dries really quickly, which obviously just makes the whole process of painting my nails much easier!
- Zoella Candy Cream Body Lotion: As I’m sure you already know, Zoella recently bought out her Sweet Inspirations range. However, I’m still loving the products in her Tutti Frutti collection! I think that the scent and the range of products make this collection my favourite one that she has released so far. So I recently tried out the body lotion, which smells amazing and leaves my skin feeling super soft and moisturised afterwards.
- mac Pink Pearl Pop Lipstick: This is the first mac lipstick I have ever tried,
after hearing such great things about them. And I agree with all of their great reviews! I think this shade has been perfect for Summer, as it’s very pigmented and pretty. It’s also very easy to apply and a great, long-lasting lip product to wear!
So there are my 5 current Summer favourites; I’ll be sure to post more of these beauty product posts here on my blog, to let you know of any products that you may like to try for yourself. Do let me know in the comments your Summer favourites and any products you think I, or any other bloggers, may like to try 🙂
– – ‘When it rains look for rainbows when it’s dark look for stars’
So, this year, I wanted to make sure that I appreciated summer for what it was. Rather than taking things for granted, I wanted to open my eyes to the memories that we make subconsciously. To do that, I created a bucket list of all of the little things I wanted to do, in order to make my summer special. So, I thought I’d share with you some of my favourites that I managed to fulfill:
- Dipped my toes into the ocean
- Started a blog
- Tried Ben & Jerry’s for the 1st time
- Walked across a beach
- Baked a cake
- Went on a day trip
- Felt the sand between my toes
- Met new people
- Had a movie night
- Took a selfie in sunglasses
- Had a pamper day
- Drank lemonade
- Took photography pictures
- Made the most of it 🙂
– – “Every summer has it’s own story”